|Values, configuration settings, and other stored information which can be read from the ECU, edited and then rewritten back. Read settings can also be stored as a standard HTML page for reference. These pages can then later be re loaded and re written back to the ECU. Please note that some values may be read only due to the fact that they are supplied from the ECUís ROM or are internally calculated.
- Part Number: This is the manufacturer's part number for the ECU.
- Hardware number: This is the hardware version which denotes the processor and circuit board type.
- Software number: This denotes the coding inside the processor for the hardware.
- Supplier number: This is a number which defines the supplier using a standard look up list of supplier ECU manufacturer numbers.
- Coding index: This is the coding identification for the programming maps.
- Diagnostic index: This is a number that indicates the diagnostic capabilities support level.
- Bus index: This is a number that indicates the bus communication support level, the vehicle communication buses.
- Week of build: This is the week in which the unit was built.
- Year of build: This is the year in which the unit was built.
- Park Neutral Interlock: Enables the ignition interlock with the park neutral position being required on the gear selector.
- Maximum Velocity: This allows the motors that control the steering lock to work at their maximum velocity as opposed to a limited speed mode, enabled or disabled. Normally enabled on the Range Rover.
- Coding: This denotes if the ECU is new from the factory or has been coded. This will show incomplete on a new ECU and complete on a used ECU.
- Coding Data: A specific block of programmable data stored in the ECU to control its functionality for specific variations of vehicle. There are a number of hexadecimal digits, each digit separated by a comma. Re-entered parameters should be entered in an identical format to that which is read. Changing these values can produce unknown alteration in the functionality of the ECU, damage the ECU, or even damage the vehicle.